Sunday, November 8, 2009

OA Convention 2009

I have just returned home from the convention at the Hotel Sofitel in the Twin Cities, MN. It was a jammed-packed week-end (overwhelming at times!) and I will be sharing what I learned in the posts to follow. 421 compulsive over-eaters and food addicts sharing their experience, strength, and hope is a life-changing event. There were people there from all over the country and we were not "a glum lot!"

I was so blessed to be there with my sponsor, my sponsee, those who have helped me on my journey, and those I am helping. "We help each other." I met and talked with as many fellows as I could. I listened and learned from speakers on the 12 Steps and Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous, the basis of the Overeater's Anonymous program of recovery.

If I gave you my card at the convention and you are visiting my blog for the 1st time, welcome!
It could be helpful for you to go the first post and read forward, so you will know the story of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment