Sunday, November 8, 2009

One Year Of Abstinence

It is a miracle and I am in awe. I have had 1 year of abstinence, one day at a time. I began at 191.5 pounds in Sept. 2008. I began back-to back abstinence on Nov. 1, 2008. I weighed-in on Nov. 1, 2009 at 118 pounds. I have gone from a size 18-20 to a size 0-2. But more than the physical changes, I have changed emotionally and spiritually. It is difficult to explain all the ways the 12 Step program has affected me. I have begun to experience a spiritual awakening that makes me excited about the journey I am on. My emotions of sadness, low-self-esteem, anger and resentment no longer rule my life. I am so grateful to Overeater's Anonymous-H.O.W. and its abstinent members for guiding me and teaching me. The love I have received is amazing.

On November 4 my group celebrated my 1 year birthday. It was fun and I felt so cared for and accepted. The cards and gifts I received were beautiful and unexpected. I am also grateful for my spouse, Deanna and my son, Paul for celebrating that night with me and for their continual ongoing support and love. I am blessed.

If you are reading this and are concerned about your problem with food, there is solution "beyond your wildest dreams." There are people who know your pain and who will offer assistance to you. Reach out, someone will be there to take your hand.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your one year anniversary! I picked up a 7 year chip this weekend. Recovery is very cool.

    ReplyDelete