Monday, June 8, 2009

Self Will/God's Will


...praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out. Step 11

This is a tall order for me. I pray for all kinds of things I want or want to happen. I am afraid to pray for God's will because I hate to be told no. I have a hard time accepting God's will because I have a hard time believing God loves me and wants what's best for me and others. I have always thought I know what is best for me and for others. The proof that is not true is obvious, so I probably should stop praying for my will to be done! There is so much more peace for me if I let God do the work, so I can rest. Having played God, I know it is exhausting and the more I don't do it, the better I feel. I can't fix situations, convince others to do what I think is best, or make others change. It is so much more peaceful if I give it all to my Higher Power, so I can keep busy doing the things I am to do: be abstinent, use the tools of my program, and be kind & loving. And from my favorite Bible verse: "...Do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God." Micah 6:8.

No comments:

Post a Comment