Monday, December 21, 2009

Maintenance

I am now maintaining my weight at 114-118 pounds that represents about a 140 pound weight loss- 77 pounds in the H.O.W. Program. It is a whole new life (!) and way of living to be slender and to be incorporating the 12-Steps into my life. It is especially noticeable to me at Christmastime. I am not food-centered! This is an amazing thing. Multiple events with tables full of every kind of food imaginable, including those holiday cookies, candies, and chocolate--and I don't react at all. But it is about far more than food- I have time and energy to focus on people in a whole new way. I am moving away from being judgmental. I make apologies quickly for errors I make. I am forgiving far sooner and more often than ever before. I am a better listener. I am a better spouse, sister, aunt, mother, grandmother, friend, and co-worker. I make a daily inventory to help me on focus on MY character defects and not everyone elses. Miraculous changes.

I am no where near perfect at any of this and I struggle to be the person my Higher Power wants me to be--and yet, for the first time in my life, I am focused on keeping "a fit spiritual condition." All of us compulsive over-eaters in H.O.W. know that we are but one compulsive bite away from relapse and that our abstinence is based on maintaining a fit spiritual condition. "One bite is too many and a thousand bites is not enough."

I am grateful this Holiday season and looking forward to 2010 and all that it brings to me. I wish all of you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment