Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Acceptance

"And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes."
Big Book of AA

I have to acknowledge that I have spent much of my time focusing on the changes that need to be made in the world. There have been so many "isms" to correct! I have also dissected and discussed all manner of the ills of others and things that have not gone the way I want them to in life. This segment from the Big Book pulls me up short and forces me to face the truth: my efforts need to be focused on my attitudes and my behaviors; those things that my HP and I can change together. I cannot have both recovery and this outwardly focused selfish attitude of wanting things to be the way I think they should be --today I must choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment