Friday, September 11, 2009

Spiritual Growth & Recovery

Today I was speaking with some of my Muslim friends. This is their month of fasting and they shared some of the benefits of their practice and how it allows for spiritual growth. I realized that by "putting my food in cup" I was also allowing for spiritual growth, much like fasting. As I learned about Islam from them, they learned about the the 12 Steps from me. The similarities were very interesting for us to note.

I have noticed that many of my blogs lately are about my physical recovery, but I do not want to minimize the phenomenal emotional and spiritual growth I am experiencing. This 3-fold program is divinely inspired. I wish I could make everyone see it and be fearless enough to jump in, but alas, that is God's work not mine.

2 comments:

  1. Very thoughtfull post on creative visualization.It should be very much helpfull

    Thanks,
    Karim -
    Positive thinking

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration, Connie!

    ReplyDelete