Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's Not Magic- But It Is A Miracle

This expresses exactly how I feel about my recovery and my weight loss. There is no magic to it, really. If you follow a food plan that provides fewer calories than you expend, you will lose weight. Scientific construct. The miracle is that I have been able to follow the food plan, that I have the program in place that enables me to do this, after a lifetime of not being able to do this. The program in place provides everything I need: guidance, support, education, accountability, encouragement, lifelong recovery- and above all, the understanding that I must rely on a power greater than myself to do this. My self is what got me into the state I was in, my higher power is what got me out. How can I ever express the gratitude I feel for the miracle of the H.O.W. program?

No comments:

Post a Comment