Monday, May 9, 2011

Spiritual Condition = Continued Recovery

"How many times have I fallen for the mistaken notion that after a few days or months of successful eating and living, I can again take charge of my life? I have learned the hard way, by successive relapse and humiliations, that no matter how much better I look, and act, and feel, my Higher Power must always be in charge of my life. My continued recovery depends on the continual maintenance and growth of my spiritual condition."
O.A. Voices of Recovery p.129

I had a call from an OA and I mentioned my sponsor had suggested I get a new sponsor. The OA said, "I just got an opening." This was a direct HP thing. This sponsor seems perfect for me. Lots of experience with abstinence and she does not play God and "preach" and she is not wishy-washy. I read her the previous blog and my food history. I came clean with her and began anew. I feel so much better following a clean program. Not perfection- but progress.

I need to read the quote above everyday. Otherwise I began to listen to my disease's voice---and that leads to demoralization and hopelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment