Monday, May 16, 2011

Those still suffering....

Everywhere around me I see folks suffering from the disease of compulsive overeating and food addiction. Members of my family, friends, co-workers, adults and children - people everywhere. I see so many people who have also had weight loss surgery and are completely demoralized from gaining the lost weight back plus more; just like I was. Hopeless people. Sad people. People just like me. People who will do everything to lose weight; and gaining weight back. I recently heard of the latest fad; intentionally getting tapeworms so one can eat with abandon and lose weight. And people think the structure and discipline of the HOW program is crazy?!?

What can I do? Follow my program of abstinence and be able to share the message. Pray for others. Be grateful I found the solution when I was ready to hear it. Doesn't seem like enough but it is what I can do. I need to remain humble. This is a challenge because I so often get smug and self-righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment