Monday, March 30, 2009

Step 4- Made A Searching & Fearless Moral Inventory of Ourselves

Last month I began my Step 4 work and I made a list of all the people who I feel have offended or hurt me and whom I resent. I asked my Higher Power to help me forgive them all. Remembering all the hurts and sharing them with my sponsor was emotionally difficult, but so valuable. This quote describes my experience:

"Forgiveness is the fragrance a violet sheds, after a heel has crushed it." ~Mark Twain.

Next, I focus on myself and my own shortcomings and ways I have hurt other people. These are the steps that lead me to freedom. Daunting, but the promises are worth the trip. Stay tuned for more.




1 comment:

  1. Connie, what a great blog. I love the title.
    Wishing you lots of luck and success. You are a dynamic and determined woman, and you'll succeed wonderfully. Hugs - Gina.

    ReplyDelete