Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Prayer


Journeying God,

pitch your tent with mine

so that I may not become deterred

by hardship, strangeness, doubt.

Show me the movement I must make

toward a wealth not dependent on possessions,

toward a wisdom not based on books,

toward a strength not bolstered by might,

toward a God not confined to heaven.

Help me to find myself

as I walk in other's shoes.

(Prayer song from Ghana, traditional, translator unknown)

This was a perfect prayer for today. At my OA HOW meeting last night I was able to walk in other's shoes as I listened to their stories and saw a fellow-sufferer hear the message for the first time and get hope. It is a room filled with love and I am learning to give and receive love and affection in a whole new way. And I am gaining wealth, wisdom, and strength. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment