Friday, April 10, 2009

Judgments

"...and the ill will which poisoned our hearts for years is washed away." OA 12 & 12 p. 75

As I read this I thought, "but I have no ill will..." Then I was pulled up short thinking about all the negative judgments I have made of people all my life, if that is not ill will, then what is? How much more mean and selfish could I be than sharing so many judgments about everyone I profess to love? To erode wonderful relationships by gossip? In my conversation with my Higher Power I say, " I have tried and tried to stop being judgmental and have failed miserably." And my Higher Power says to me, " Give it to me and I will fill your heart with so much love there will be no room left for judgments."

Since asking my Higher Power to help me show love and affection more easily, I have often felt surrounded by and filled with love. I have felt the light of the Spirit and want to share it with others, want to be of service to others, and want my heart to be so filled with love there is no room for judgment, negativity, doubt, fear, or pride. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment