Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"One Day At A Time"

I said to one of my fellow OAs today, "I wish it was Wednesday so I could go to my meeting tonight." She said, "keep that up and you will miss all of today." (thank you for that--what a gift my fellows are to me)

I often do this living in the future and am not living one day at a time. For weeks I have been longing for spring, now it has arrived (finally) and I am thinking about summer - when we can open the pool and I can be in it! If I continue this way, I will lose every glorious spring day just waiting for summer. I have done this much of the time. Looking forward to and planning for events--while losing the the day I am in and the opportunity to find the "event" in this day.

Today is the present--unwrap it with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment