Monday, April 6, 2009

Who Is Running The Show?

“We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day “Thy will be done.” We are then in much less danger of excitement, fear, anger, worry, self-pity, or foolish decisions. We do not tire so easily, for we are not burning up energy foolishly as we did when we were trying to arrange life to suit ourselves.” Big Book pp. 87. 88.

I have to remind myself many times throughout the day that I must resign from running the show and let my Higher Power have that job. This week-end I was exhausted from fear & worry over things I cannot control. My sponsor lovingly reminded me of the things I can control: following my program and seeking my Higher Power's will for me.
I pray that my fear of ___ be removed and my attention be focused to being who you would have me to be today. May thy will and not mine be done. Big Book p. 68.

No comments:

Post a Comment